Tuesday, December 9, 2008

GETTING PSYCHED UP FOR THE INAUGURATION

Quite a few relatives and friends are going to Washington D C to Barak Obama's inauguration. I do not see how they can put themselves through that. There will be so many people with their own agendas and their signs there. Also it will be liken to the Hajj and a Greatful Dead Concert. I think it will remind me of the sixties.

Washington wants to make much money off the event. Since they will keep the bars open 24 hours a day there will be many arrests for loitering, drunk in public,brawling, etc. The city should fill their coffers to the brim. Just think how many fender benders and DUI's they will have.

To get myself psyched up, the day before, I will look at Spike Lee's 1996 movie, "Get On The Bus".It was about the bus trip to "The March On Washington".
It was a wonderful movie.

No comments: