Saturday, November 15, 2008

NEWSPAPER DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE BARAK OBAMA AS PRESIDENT

On November 5th, 2008 ,the Petit Jean Country Headlight News in Morrilton, Arkansas did not print in their weekly edition the winner of the Presidential Election. The headline was "Voters Go For McCain".

The only mention of Barak Obama was that the Obama/Biden ticket received 3,144 votes in Conway County, Arkansas. When their subscribers reacted against it , the next week they put an article and picture in a small corner of the first page.

Arkansas is a red state. The paper chose not to let their readers on Wednesday morning know who the president was. This is a disgrace, that they did not recognize Barak Obama because he is black. I now know that the world knows that the Petit Jean Country Headlight News will not acknowledge President-Elect Barak Obama.

And to think I was going to spend the Christmas Holidays in Morrilton doing my genealogical research. Now I will have to make other plans. I will not contribute to their economy. I could spend less money if I went to Hawaii or Mexico.

No comments: